The CSI Companies is a national staffing firm headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. We are seeking to add a Corporate Controller to take a senior leadership role in the accounting and finance group. This position is an important part of the senior team of this high growth corporation. If you can roll up your sleeves as a 'doer' as well as serving as a 'critical thinker', you will not want to miss this opportunity for consideration.
This position is accountable for the accounting operations of multiple divisions, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The position requires a self-driven and highly motivated professional to lead the accounting operation for a national staffing company. The primary responsibility will focus on serving as the senior financial leader for the assigned division/business unit(s) with responsibility for planning and developing a vision for the accounting organization that emphasizes accountability, accuracy, and efficiency.
The ideal candidate must have a track record of effectively setting objectives and securing results, while working effective in a team-based environment. The candidate should have a personal style that relies on sound decision making, and solid business judgment to add value across the organization. The successful candidate is one who is highly driven and exhibits proven accounting and financial leadership skills.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors and tax advisors
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Developing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and retaining employees
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Required Education and/or Experience:
The required minimum education and/or experience needed to successfully perform this job includes the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, advanced degree is a plus
- Professional accreditation, including certified public accountant (CPA) license
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience
- Background in the staffing industry
- Experience with ERP and Reporting packages such as Microsoft Great Plains and Hyperion
- An open and honest leadership style coupled with self-motivation and strategic thinking skills
- Exceptional relationship-building skills at the group and individual level; able to gain the confidence and trust of others
- Problem solving skills; ability to assess a situation, focus on the issues, and create multiple solutions to resolve the issues
- Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with standard accounting software packages
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, accounting, practices, standards
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively across all levels within the organization