Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Coordinator for Hotel Accounting, you will complete monthly closing and post-closing activities. Additionally, you will assist with completing ad hoc requests from internal and external customers including, but not limited to, union reporting and owner reporting.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform monthly closing and post-closing activities such as assisting with balance sheet reconciliations, wire transfers, and compiling data and supporting documentation for journal entries.
- Partner with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is captured, compiled, reviewed and approved. Examples of third-parties include but are not limited to outsourcing providers, and auditors.
- Collaborate with your manager to determine specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project and department goals.
- Develop positive relationships with other finance and corporate departments.
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
- Research and determine answers to information requests from internal departments and management.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to tackle hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinkers, who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Decision makers, who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Exceptional communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent written and comprehension skills
- Self-starters, who take initiative, successfully operate with a cool-head under pressure, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of experience in a corporate or business environment
- Knowledge of Business Mathematics, including calculating percentage changes and averages/weighted averages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including understanding and manipulating basic spreadsheets
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year of relevant analytical work experience
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!