Conventional Underwriter Summary
CRG is seeking a professional and experienced Underwriter to underwrite residential loans. The role will see you examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, and will cover conventional, FHA, and Special Program loans. Excellent training and development opportunities available at all levels, a great benefits package, and a talented working family.
Conventional Underwriter Pay
- $85k+ salary
- $5k+ sign-on bonus
- $10k quarterly retention bonus
Conventional Underwriter Duties
- Underwriting loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. This involves reviewing income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary reports, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals, and personal and business income statements.
- Deciding whether the file is complete enough to make your decision and requesting additional information if not.
- Using a fair and rational approach to make your decisions, undertaking reasonableness tests and ensuring your decisions are of high quality.
- Staying up to date with multiple loan product guidelines, as well as any other tools or requirements for you to excel in your role (such as TILA, RESPA, and Predatory Lending).
- Assisting in the preparation of repurchase responses and rebuttal reviews.
Conventional Underwriter Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 5 years of experience with upfront, full production underwriting (income, asset, appraisal, and credit)