Conventional Underwriter - Remote
A well-established Mortgage company with an A+ rating by the BBB is looking for experienced and motivated Underwriters! This company has won the Top Tech Savvy Lender Award multiple times, as well as Best Places to Work Award multiple times. They are continuing to grow and looking for Underwriters experienced in conventional mortgages who wish to do the same!
Our client knows top talent is available everywhere which is why this position can REMOTE within the United States (excluding California).
Underwriter Compensation:$90,000-$95,000 plus monthly bonuses of $2,600-$5,000 depending on production!
- Review and conduct the appraisal of applications for Mortgage Loans.
- Use knowledge and independent judgment to determine eligibility of risks when compared to guidelines of programs available.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that you get along with customers, co-workers, and managers
Perform timely reviews of stipulations/conditions submitted
- Analyze loan packages to deliver valid credit decisions
- Maintain quality control standards while maintaining production standards by company’s definition
- Request additional documentation necessary for the processing of an application
- Interpret GSE guidelines as well as investor guidelines
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in underwriting Conventional loans
- Thorough understanding and strong working knowledge of credit, underwriting, credit policy and financial statement analysis and property evaluation
- Be able to examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Be familiar with fraud detection techniques
- Active CHUMS # a plus
- Active SAR and VA credit authority a plus
- Knowledge of DU and LP
- Ability to work with loan originators and production staff to acquire all required documentation
- Must possess strong credit, risk analysis and analytical skills
- College Degree Preferred
**We offer a $300 bonus if you refer someone who is chosen for the opportunity!!!!
Category Code: JN005, JN057