Controller for Energy Firm
Edison / Piscataway / New Brunswick area, New Jersey
About the firm:
• Working with a mid-size Energy Firm located in New Jersey with locations in across the United States
• Role is reporting to the CFO and they have an aggressive growth plan for the next several years
• Firm is going to go public within the year and looking for a candidate who is interested in developing their career in this exciting time of the company
• Firm offers a competitive salary including base and bonus structure along with great benefits.
• This role will also work on hiring their direct reports as they add to the department.
• Some of the employee reviews include:
“Full exposure to the industry and investor community”
“Hard work recognized”
'Firm is on the cusp of something special'
About the Controller position:
• Controller will focus on financial reporting, will be the audit liaison, focus heavily on the general ledger and be review the month end close process
• They will focus on inventory count, cost accounting and financial analysis
• The Controller will work closely with the Director of FP&A and CFO on budgeting and other strategic initiatives.
• The Controller will work on necessary regulatory filings after the firm goes public
• Hire and mentor incoming direct reports
Preferred qualifications of the Controller:
• 8+ years experience with a manufacturing firm; at least 3 years managing others
• CPA/MBA preferred; Public Accounting Experience a plus
• Strong ERP systems experience as well as Excel skills
• Personality they seek is someone who is focused, driven and able to motivate a team to perform to the best of their ability
$130,000.00 - $150,000.00 /Year