About the Company & Opportunity
This company will pay 100% of the health insurance premium for the employee. If the employee wants to add his entire family to this company’s health insurance plan the cost will be $200 per month. Since employees are paid bi-weekly the cost to insure both the employee and his/her family will cost $100 per pay check. This client is a well managed financially strong gov. contractor that has enjoyed a steady history of continued growth having increased revenue each year for the past 19 years. This client is also an ESOP which gives it’s employees the opportunity to become an owner. When this client originally became an ESOP 19 years ago a share of stock was valued at $60/ share. Today the value for a share of stock is worth $400.
Position: This client employs about 150 people with revenue in the neighborhood of $31M. Next year this client anticipate revenue will increase to $35-$40M. This Controller position is a great opportunity for a candidate who is an Ass’t. Controller or an Accounting Manager or even a strong Senior Accountant who is assertive and wants to move his/her career to the next level. This position has supervisory responsibilities for 3 subordinates reporting to this client’s CFO.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER:
- The Controller will oversee all global financial and accounting processes in all locations and in all currencies
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity, reporting systems, GAAP/IFRS standards
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Direct preparation of company forecasts and budget
- Support the CFO in engaging the Board of Directors around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Coordinate, monitor, and support taxation requirements insuring timely completion of tax returns