Our client is a fast paced high-tech company that has experienced double and triple digit growth over the past couple of years. The Controller will be a key position within the company and will report directly to the executive management team. This role will develop and ensure compliance with accounting practices and procedures, develop forward-looking insights based on historical data and provide support to meet and implement government compliance requirements.
Must be a U.S. person (U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen).
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP and other appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and actual expenditures.
- Manage month end close and create the month-end reporting package.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the company’s financial and operating performance
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Work with department managers and staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including variances
- Manage account payable, receivable.
- Direct month end closings, financial reporting and coordination of audits as necessary.
- Assist in managing vendor relations, including commercial banking, lessors, casualty/liability insurance brokers, credit card companies, payroll services and collection agencies.
- Participate in the optimization and maintenance of company’s cost accounting system and implementation of new ERP system
- Serve as the accounting point of contact with Human Resources, benefits broker, 401K advisor, Commerce, Internal Revenue Service, Government compliance consultant, tax accountant.
- Understanding the Federal Acquisition Regulation guidelines for Government cost accounting is a plus.