Robert Half Finance is helping a renowned services company find an ambitious candidate to fill the role of a Controller. This is a leadership role with responsibility over an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package along with strong career growth. We are searching for an individual who can motivate others with a positive professional attitude; displays integrity, reliability and leadership; and can offer outstanding client services by managing self and other with urgency, practicality and accountability. In addition, your responsibilities will include key decision making and challenging, negotiating and influencing the team. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to lead the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, to challenge the status quo, and to encourage creativity throughout your area of responsibility. This full-time position is for a Controller who will work in the Seattle, Washington region.
Salary: DOE + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Seattle, WA
What you get to do every day
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Make available advice, counsel, and interpretation of Department policies to internal customers.
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Develop appropriate short- and long-term objectives, strategies, standards, and performance evaluations for Accounting Department.
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Oversees preparation of other state and federal filings including W2’s, 1099s, payroll taxes, state business tax returns, business license renewals, real and personal property taxes, federal census reports, unclaimed property
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Inspect deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations