ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading distribution/retail/marketing organization in Southern WI and looking to hire a Controller. The company is financially sound, yet their success is not just defined by their profits; it's about living their Core Values, giving their employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. Huge Employee Perks!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the company mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the responsibility for accounting and finance.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, inventory, and cash management.
- Technology skills with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; a knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.