With almost 25 years in business, this privately held company located in the Hollywood area is in search of a Controller to oversee their growing department. Our client is in the construction business in areas anywhere from single family homes, up to commercial projects and hotel development. Upon completion the company offers full-service management of properties as well. The Controller brought on will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise Accounting Team, ensuring effective policies, procedures and internal controls are followed. Oversees daily/monthly/quarterly/annual accounting functions.
- Coverage for daily operations is to provide review of all JE postings, AP function, AR function, treasury management services and investor reporting.
- Prepares accurate monthly/quarterly/annual reports for internal and external reporting (for investors, banks, and any compliance requirement) for assigned and/or special project entities and other entities as needed.
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare correcting journal entries.
- Analysis of variances to budget with explanation of variances.
- Monthly financial statements are completed and accurate by the 10th business day of the month.
- Recording all Monthly Equity Pickups and Reconciliation of Investment GL accounts to Equity Accounts.
- Prepare monthly cash, debt and investor capital call reports.
What is preferred of the Controller?
• 5+ years of experience as an accounting manager, assistant controller or controller in the real estate, hospitality, or construction industry
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, MBA/CPA highly preferred
• Experience with investment and joint venture accounting
• Strong understanding of GAAP and US Income Taxes