SUMMARY: Our client is a defense contractor dedicated to providing outstanding program management, engineering, logistics, and operations support to Department of Defense customers. The Controller will oversee all phases of accounting operations, provide the planning and direction necessary to accomplish all financial reporting requirements, and deliver financial analyses and data for pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for growth as they hope this person can move into the CFO role once they familiarize themselves more with the company!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing the operations of the accounting function; managing the accounting operations of parent and subsidary companies especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and accounting and finance policies and procedures; coordinating outsourced accounting functions as necessary.
- Developing and maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure compliance with (GAAP) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost accounting standards; complying with local, state, federal government, and government contracting reporting and tax filing requirements; researching and staying abreast of the latest regulatory trends.
- Issuing timely, complete, and accurate financial accounts and reports; recommending benchmarks against which to measure company performance; calculating and issuing financial and operating metrics; preparing the annual budget and forecasts; calculating variances from the budget and report significant issues to senior leadership; monitoring debt levels and compliance with debt covenants; providing for a system of management cost reports.
- Preparing cost narratives and cost pricing spreadsheets for proposals; preparing incurred cost submissions and coordinating the collection and submission of additional information when requested; coordinating with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) personnel for contract audits.
- Ensuring general accounting support (accounts receivable, accounts payable, charts of accounts, billing, reconciliations, monthly and year-end close, purchase requests, timekeeping, expense, and payroll) is performed personally or provided by accounting and finance staff.
- Serving as a liaison with external auditors, bank representatives, financial advisors, and insurance agents; coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for annual financial and retirement plan audits.
- Leading and supervising accounting and finance staff; providing timely feedback and coaching; performing annual performance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.