We're supporting a company in Elk Grove Village that is looking for their next Controller. In this role you will gain exposure to both domestic and international accounting processes while supporting general accounting and operations accounting functions. If interested, take a look at the details below!
- Responsible for budget and forecast development, monitoring, reporting, and assisting departments in meeting budgeted spend levels to ensure site cost efficiency.
- Responsible for all monthly and quarter end closing activities including journal entries, balance sheet and income statement variance analysis and reporting, compliance reporting and account reconciliation review.
- Proactively investigate and act on variances to budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Assist management in planning labor and assets for budgets, forecasts, and actual operations.
- Work closely with the Warehouse and Supply Chain Departments to monitor cycle count performance, reducing excess and obsolete inventory and identification of related root causes.
- Establish departmental controls and create SOP
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting/Finance required
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience as a Controller in a distribution setting preferred
- Experience with month-end close of foreign entity converting to US books preferred
- Background in cost accounting is a plus
- MAS90 or Sage 100 experience a plus
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.