Our client is a well-established and family-owned manufacturer in the Gardena area, seeking a seasoned Controller to manage the company's financial operations.
The Controller is responsible for directing the Corporation’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, and the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions, insurance companies and auditing firms; internal controls of finance, accounting and information technology and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management and Board use; oversees the treasury, accounting, budget, tax and audit activities for the Corporation and its subsidiaries.
What this person does:
- Develops and directs a highly effective accounting and IT organization. Establishes clear objectives consistent with the company goals.
- Controls all the books of account of the company; keeps accurate record of all property owned by it and its debt, revenue, and expenses.
- Directs and coordinates company financial and forecast planning and budget management functions and ensuring the accurate preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Formulates and recommends proposals for policies on accounting, account receivables, cost accounting, tax matters, and compilation of statistics and preparation of financial and cost reports, the control and protection of company inventories and other assets, and government reporting.
- Formulates and recommends proposals for policies on insurance, banking, receipt and disbursement of monies, custodial and investment matters, and on preparation and payment of payrolls, and 401k and benefits. Participates in Negotiations and recommends execution of loans on behalf of the company.
- Coordinates and directs accounting preparation for the annual audits of U.S. , including sales taxes, franchise taxes, income taxes, etc
- Develops and maintains procedures for strategic profit and capital planning and an effective system of budgetary control. Assists in planning and decision making throughout the company through advice and consultation.
- Directs the activities of the Information Technology Department in its development and review of systems, data processing operations and research, and review of management information contained in the accounting department and information systems.
- Four year bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA certification or equivalent is preferred
- 8-10 years of accounting/finance experience with a focus in manufacturing/cost accounting
- Seasoned leader with previous experience developing a high performing team
- Presentation skills; experience presenting and translating financials to a Board of Directors
$100,000.00 - $115,000.00 /Year