CSI Financial has a unique Controller opportunity in the beautiful Smoky Mountains. This is an opportunity to part of a family owned, rapidly expanding business within the outdoor entertainment and adventure, industry. The correct person for this role is interested in hands-on operational leadership; creating and implementing financial reporting and accounting structure and not afraid of the 'sweat equity' mindset. If you have made a successful career as an accounting & finance leader and also, enjoy the scenic aspect of life - this is an opportunity for you.
This person will establishing a company-wide budget that is detailed, of accounts for a multi-corporate structure including various Limited Liability Corporations. This person will oversee all financial and reporting functions including payroll, cash management, accounting, financials, and managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting department. The ability to effectively translate finance terminology to key stake holders is a must as the person will work with various divisions in budget preparation, issuing financial projections and cost analysis.
Overall this person is responsible for directing the fiscal functions, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Maintain awareness and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs and strategies.
- Develop and ensure credibility for the finance group by providing a timely, accurate and consistent analysis of budgets, financial reports, and trends in order to assist the President and Division Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance, develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures through systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Guide and direct others within the financial department, working to develop skill sets
- Consistently improve, modify and run “what if” scenarios on the budget ensuring maximum efficiency and enabling department managers to evaluate their business
- Maintain a well-developed budget that forecasts accurately to enable critical development opportunities enabling growth.
- Train and development managers and department heads on financial considerations and issues affecting their departments.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues, for example, expansion and development, and other asset acquisition.
- Advise from the financial perspective on any contracts in which the corporation may enter
- Continually evaluating cash flow projection process and reporting devices that include cash thresholds.
- Evaluate the financial division structure and team for continual improvements and efficiency.
- Prepares reports for each division outlining their financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings including budget versus actuals.
- Utilizes CenterEdge Software and Quickbooks for a compilation of financial data and information, as well as, other software, Google Documents, Excel, etc.
- Audits payroll reports with General Manager before exporting it to payroll processing provider.
- Works with Human Resources in employee relations and budget reporting of leave financial liability and forecasts payroll. including changes in employee complement.
- Interviews and recommends employees to hire and manages their performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in and adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Prefer five years as a Director of Finance, Controller, or similar position.
- Background in Financial Management for firms in excess of $10 million annual budgets.
- Previous experience in leadership and management.
- Analytical abilities. good planning, and organizational skills and communication skills
- Experience in a resort, amusement or multi-unit environment.
- Experience with CenterEdge Software and Quickbooks
If you are local or have an intimate understanding of Gatlinburg, TN and you have relevant Financial leadership experience, please apply. In your application, include your availability for initial discovery calls.