Job Description: Controller
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Reports: A/P Accounting Clerk, A/R Accounting Clerk, Senior Accountant
This position is responsible for timely and accurate month-end closing process, generation of monthly financial reporting packages and supervision and support of A/P, A/R and general accounting personnel. The duties are related to 6 U.S. entities as applicable. The following are to be performed by the Controller or delegated to the appropriate personnel by the Controller:
- General Accounting and Reporting
- Supervision of Senior Accountant
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing process including but not limited to proper recording of sales, purchasing, inventory, payroll and cash activities, as well as appropriate prepaid and accrual adjustments.
- Generate the monthly financial reporting packages for all U.S. entities
- Ensure proper cutoff of A/P and A/R activities at month end
- Verify reconciliation of transfer sales activities between UE and UI
- Perform calculation of agent commissions
- Perform intercompany reconciliation and netting payment between all Unger entities
- Reconciliation of all bank and balance sheet accounts including recommending or making proper adjusting entries
- Assist in the accumulation and analysis of UMI activity in connection with the retainer adjustment and the German audit requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of information for external auditors
- Assist in performance, analysis and recording of physical inventories
- Accounts Payable:
- Supervision of Accounts Payable Clerks
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of invoices payable
- Verification of proper expenditure approval
- Matching of product Purchase Orders, Receivers and Invoices and resolution of exceptions
- Review of employee expense reports for compliance with company travel policy
- Review of weekly payments and supporting backup
- Generation of weekly payments (checks and wire transfers)
- Processing of company credit card activity
- Issuance of annual 1099 and 1096 forms
- Cross training and backup of function
- Accounts Receivable:
- Supervision of Accts Receivable Clerk
- Generation of customer invoices for Unger Enterprises
- Application of cash to customer accounts
- Application of inter-company cash receipts
- Assistance to Credit function for researching customer issues
- Cost Accounting
- Maintenance of historical activity detail of sales transactions (units sold, sales amount, cost by items), standard costs and transfer costs.
- Review of the historical activity (above) to detect and resolve possible errors in pricing, costs, or other related data.
- Ensure proper approval and entry of standard and transfer costs into the main ERP system.
- Conduct various analyses of margin elements and expenses.
- Coordinate and monitor all equipment lease agreements
- Monitor Patent & Trademark activity
- Generate and file sales and use tax, property tax and other applicable business tax returns.
- Perform annual accounting close process in the ERP system (Navision)
- Review and update department procedures where appropriate
- Recommend and implement approved process changes to improve efficiency, accuracy, or control
- Assist in annual budgeting process
- Perform monthly system entries and maintenance to support costing activities
- Special projects as needed
Education - BS in Accounting
Experience - 7-10 years