Help us build our growing future by implementing accounting excellence and developing processes, controls, and reporting so we can make the most informed decisions in real time. We've grown from one company to five and we have plans for more in the next few years and we need an experienced accountant to help us do it right. Position will oversee all accounting needs internal and external with plenty of welcome opportunity to expand responsibilities into banking, 401k, insurance (we are owners in a captive insurance company), employee benefits, etc. Must be willing to manage a small team.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in:
• Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and budget experience.
• Highly analytical, solid problem solving/analysis skills and strong attention to detail.
• Must have an excellent work ethic, ability to manage multiple projects to achieve deadlines and ability to manage day to day operations with minimal supervision.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and able to work well with individuals at all levels of an organization and across the departments and companies.
• Supervisory experience and leadership skills.
• Oversee daily operations, month-end closing, system changes and various special projects.
• Oversee, manage and assist in posting journal entries, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts, performing month-end closing functions, generating financial and statistical reports.
• Preparation, review, and analysis of financial and statistical reports for internal and external purposes.
• Financial statement analysis for parent company and subsidiaries
• Cash flow management, credit line analysis and bank relationship management
• Manage and monitor cash accounts, including monthly cash flow projections, cash account reconciliations.
• Manage the day to day activities of the accounting department (including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger) to ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information
• Provide technical financial support for implementation and managing of accounting and related systems.
• Communicate and build relationships with vendors, customers, banks/financial Institutions and CPA firm(s).
• Oversee, manage and monitor accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions, ensure timely billing and process of invoices and payments, monthly reconciliations of A/P in a coordinated effort with companies, departments, and vendors.
• Oversee accounting staff, provide direction and leadership, and develop, motivate, supervise and train.
• Assists Chief Financial Officer and ownership with other projects or duties as assigned.