Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance/accounting and reporting activities in an environment with multiple international locations and significant multi-currency transactions. The Controller will have responsibility for the day-to-day global financial operations. As senior leader to the CFO, the Controller will be involved in supporting presentations to the Board of Directors and will work closely with Treasury and the senior leadership team.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team of 5-6 staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and bank reconciliations. The Controller will ensure that company has the systems, processes, and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with other senior leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding treasury and finance/accounting procedures but also to explore how the treasury and finance/accounting functions can support the organization’s operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee all global accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP / IFRS standards and regulatory requirements. Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of companies financial status.
- Oversee all global financial and accounting processes in all locations and in all currencies.
- In conjunction with companies leadership, prepare the annual budget, plans, and forecasts; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Consistently review processes and procedures, analyzing to insure appropriateness, and developing and instituting new or revised processes and procedures as necessary.
- Coordinate and monitor all audit activity ensuring successful on time audit.
- Support the CFO in engaging the Board of Directors around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with Treasury and the senior leaders; continuously collaborate with senior leaders to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Coordinate, monitor, and support taxation requirements insuring timely completion of tax returns.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Leverage strengths of the assigned team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Perform periodic employee check-ins with employees (at least monthly) to discuss successes and challenges and their career aspirations.
- Perform formal performance reviews per the performance review schedule.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.