Our client is a growing real estate development company conveniently located between Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI. They are currently looking for a Controller to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Controller will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting processes for the company. The Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Controller will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Review and maintain job costing and work in progress reconciliation.
- Manage banking relationships and administer bank accounts and ensure timely account reconciliation.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- Approve and execute disbursements, including checks, wire transfers and ACH payments.
- Oversee tax returns and payments for corporate entities and private owners, initiate collection and pass through of withholding payments for multiple entities.
- Manage relationships with external auditors.
- Provide leadership to a professional, technical, and administrative staff of 12.
- The Controller will assist with other special projects as needed.