Our client is a highly regarded development firm in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. They are currently looking for Controller to join their team. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity to add value and work directly with the owners as the top accounting and finance professional. The company boasts a team-oriented culture with great work-life balance and prides themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Controller will be very hands-on and will oversee the accounting and finance function. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Controller will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- Direct preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Track construction draws.
- Actively manage cash and banking relationships.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Lead a small team of six.