Our client is a contractor services company that is currently looking for a Controller to join their team. This is an opportunity for someone to be a top Finance person and be involved in a lot of decisions within the business. This person will manage the accounting and finance functions for the business and serve as a business partner to the Owner of the company. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, long-tenured employees, casual environment, and excellent benefits. They provide their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Controller will be very hands-on and will oversee the accounting and finance functions for the company. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Controller will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Perform regular detailed analytical reviews of sales, gross margins, operating cost and profit margins by served industries, customer, and value propositions.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- Direct preparation of budgets.
- Review contracts and purchase orders to ensure appropriate language is included and define revenue recognition process.
- Assist in development, implementation and interpretation of standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws.
- Coordinate annual audit and tax compliance and maintain support required by outside professional service firms to complete these activities efficiently.
- The Controller will perform other duties and special projects as assigned.