Our client is a rapidly growing food manufacturing company that is currently looking for a Controller to join their team. Great opportunity for someone who has strong accounting skills, enjoys process improvement & change management and appreciates the opportunity to manage people. Excellent opportunity in an evolving organization. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, good work/life balance, competitive benefits, and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Controller will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger, AR and AP activity.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- Direct preparation and presentation of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with the implementation of new ERP manufacturing and accounting software.
- Assist management and functional areas of the company in achieving goals, executing strategy, and meeting business needs through the application of services provided by accounting.
- Supervise accounts payable coordinator to ensure efficient processing, adherence to cash disbursements procedures and integrity of data posted to the company’s general ledger.
- Supervise office assistant and oversee sales invoice processing, cash posting, bank deposit, mail handling and reception activities.
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance requirements.
- Supervise bi-weekly payroll for hourly personnel.
- The Controller will serve as primary back up to VP-Administration for administering procedures to protect system operations and database integrity and recovery.
- Other special projects and duties as needed.