Our client is a nationwide company that is currently looking for a Controller to join their team. The Controller will be a hands-on leader the ability to effectively mentor their staff. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, excellent benefits, and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Controller will be an integral part of the financial operations of the organization. The Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Controller will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- In collaboration with the CFO, identify and implement strategic financial and procedural goals, benchmarks, quality controls and measurements to impact the financial health of the organization in all accounting practices.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- Direct preparation and presentation of budgets and forecasts.
- Evaluate, create and maintain controls to ensure integrity and accuracy of all data, systems, and processes involved in financial management and reporting.
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance requirements.
- Work with outside audit firms, investment advisors, banks, insurance agencies, software vendors, and collection agencies.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- The Controller will be responsible for the direct supervision, training, mentoring and coaching of the corporate accounting team.
- Contribute information and recommendations for strategic plans and reviews.
- Participate in corporate continuous improvement projects and lead implementation when appropriate.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.