Creative Financial Staffing has been exclusively retained by a Services organization to identify a Controller to join their team. Our client is relocating their Executive Headquarters to the Greater Boston area to focus on the turnaround of this organization with the goal of positioning themselves to explore multiple medium-term exit strategies.
Why the Controller opportunity?
- The Company: Service company whose acquisitive growth over the past 3 years has caused a financial challenge; however, demand for services in this space greatly exceeds the industry’s ability to meet them.
- Opportunity: The Controller will be the principal accounting and control officer for the company responsible for accounting and reporting of financial results and the implementation of overall controls and processes.
- The Exposure: As a member of the 3 person Executive Finance team, The Controller plays a key role in managing the operations of the overall business by working with the leaders of each of the subsidiaries and the leaders of all functional areas.
The Controller’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will provide strong accounting leadership for the organization, including financial reporting, financial and managerial accounting, payroll, audit and risk management.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Develop and lead a team of accounting, accounts payable, and payroll employees.
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Ensure a strong internal controls environment exists and implement change as appropriate.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of consistent operational reporting systems and metrics and ensure compliance.
- Interpret and implement all current applicable accounting and regulatory pronouncements and ensure accounting policy is consistently applied and documented as needed in compliance with US GAAP.
- Work with the CFO and external advisors to develop and implement tax planning structures.
- Lead the annual statutory audit and maintain a constant and open relationship with external auditors.
- Oversee payroll practices and operations.