Controller - San Leandro
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Up to $100K (DOE)
We are looking for an experienced Controller to undertake all aspects of accounting and financial operations as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the overall accounting and financial operations of a Service Center.
• Reviews and enforces accounting policies and Company procedures.
• Analyzes and compiles data to assist in preparing budgets and submits status reports as required.
• Prepares and reviews all internal and external financial statements.
• Reconciles bank, property and sales tax statements and renews various business licenses.
• Audits various accounts to ensure proper expenditure coding and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Researches account discrepancies to resolve issues.
• Prepares various special reports and analyses and distributes to the corporate office for review.
• Approves, prepares and reconciles accruals and journal entries and forwards to the corporate office for auditing.
• Interacts with internal and external auditors and produces schedules and documentation.
• Audits general ledger entries to ensure that financial information is accurately reported.
• Audits all payroll functions to ensure accuracy of processing and compliance with all corporate guidelines and federal wage and hour laws.
• Prepares and submits reports and forms including those required by governmental or state agencies.
• Oversees the billing, credit and collections processes and provides support as needed.
• Generates aging reports and audits to track accounts receivable activity.
• Receives and audits all accounts payable invoices.
• Maintains petty cash and forwards documentation to the corporate office for cash reconciliation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related discipline
• 7-9 years of general accounting experience are required.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required.
• Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.