Controller - Municipality
About the Company & Opportunity
• Great group of people!
• Senior management is highly collaborative – sets up their team for success. You will have the ability to make a big impact.
• Great opportunity to high energy person who is looking to taking on interesting challenges.
• Competitive benefits – Robust PTO policy!
• Great work life balance!
• Looking at this role in terms of succession planning – ability to progress within the organization.
Overview of the Controller Role
• Oversee the management of and responsibility for budgeting, capital improvement planning, accounts payable, procurement, payroll, financial reporting, cost accounting, grant management, strategic planning and continuous process improvements, and annual audits.
• Acts as the leader in comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting standards
• Coordinate the preparation of internal and external fund financial statements
• Develops, maintain and report on key performance indicators
Preferred qualifications of the Credit Manager
• BS in Accounting. CPA is a plus.
• 10+ years experience within a municipal/government environment.
• Knowledge of GASB and fund accounting.
• Strong leadership capabilities. A Player/Coach