CONTROLLER / FINANCE DIRECTOR
The Controller / Director of Finance position will direct the financial activities of the business unit/division by establishing and maintaining effective fiscal procedures and controls, analyzing performance and recommending or directing action needed to maximize the financial return of the business. Provides leadership to the accounting staff with goal of developing/grooming future leaders within the business/company.
CONTROLLER / FINANCE DIRECTOR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The Controller is accountable for ensuring accurate books and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that the business is conducted in compliance with established business unit/division and corporate policies, procedures and practices; ensures accurate and timely processing of daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities and reports.
- Directs the preparation and analysis of operating results, operating trends, capital projects, special projects and operating forecasts in order to meet business objectives.
- Directs the preparation and analysis of the annual operating, strategic plan and capital plan in conjunction with other business unit leadership team.
- Management of the finance staff on a day to day basis including financial transactions, analytical work and overall development of team members.
- Accountable for timely communication with senior leadership in all matters related to Internal Controls, Financial Reporting and Business Analysis.