The Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport is now hiring for a Controller. This is a department head position.
What will I be doing?
As a Hotel Controller, you will be working independently to do the following responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct the financial activities of the hotel, safeguard the assets, and prepare all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Serve as a financial advisor to Hotel Management and Ownership.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, and expenses of the hotel.
- Assist and counsel department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommends courses of action to maximize profitability.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required throughout the year and advise hotel management, corporate office, and owners.
- Interview, train, supervise, counsel, schedule and evaluate staff.
- Provide financial oversight of capital expenditure process
- Assume cash management responsibilities
- Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and personal time records.
- Ensure all licenses, permits, and insurance policies are current, and are in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
What are we looking for?
As a part of a member of the Executive Committee, we need a highly professional individual who can lead and manage the hotel financial activities with the utmost integrity. Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We offer competitive full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision plans, 401(k) with company match, paid life insurance, short & long term disability, paid time off, global team member travel program.