Position is located in Shelton, CT
Why take a Controller role with this well-respected $50M Energy organization?
- High visibility with diverse work and incredible exposure
- Family-oriented, team-oriented company culture
- Opportunity to make a difference and give back.
What the Controller will do…
- Issue timely and complete financial statements, quarterly financial closes and monthly flash reports, performing all general accounting tasks
- Prepare sale & use tax returns, multiple business entity and personal tax returns, personal property declarations, and other government compliance requirements
- Manage the annual review and tax preparation process with CPA firm
- Maintain capital asset records and depreciation
- Refine and monitor financial and operating metrics
- Forecast cash flow positions, ensuring that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintain and improve documented system of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Provide financial analyses as needed and make recommendations to company management
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements and maintain appropriate records
- Supervise Team of 6
- Perform cash management activities and maintain banking relationships
- Perform special projects and other related duties to assist in developing and supporting the company’s initiatives and business strategies
Perks of the Controller role:
- Competitive Salary: $100K - $120K + Bonus
- Great benefits and an exciting working environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced family-oriented culture
- Lots of room for professional growth.