M&T Bank is Hiring Contact Center Service Representatives in Amherst, New York
We Are Currently Scheduling Interviews – Apply Now!
Founded in 1856, M&T Bank Corporation provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to more than 3.6 million consumer, business and government clients.
At M&T, career development is an ongoing mission. We’re committed to finding the best talent, cultivating it, and ultimately helping our employees reach their career goals. From exceptional benefits to highly valued diversity, we're working hard to become one of the nation's best places to work. Come and experience the advantages of working in a large company with the rewards of working in a local, community-focused organization.
M&T Bank offers comprehensive benefits, employee discounts, retirement savings plan, career growth opportunities, a convenient location near bus routes, and much more!
Provides service to customers by phone in responding to incoming Retail customers' telephone requests for information regarding all deposit products, installment loans/lines and credit cards. Provides customer service to incoming calls across in Retail or Mortgage Banking.
- Provide account information to Retail or Mortgage customers to respond to customer questions and resolve any problems or issues. Account information provided includes balances, transactional information, payoffs, account product details, interest rates and other general information.
- Fulfill customer requests for account maintenance activities on deposit, installment loans/line and credit accounts for Retail or Mortgage, including transferring funds, making payments, placing stop payments and account restraints, placing Debit/Credit card blocks and completing address changes and various account maintenance forms and transaction disputes, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research customer complaints or problems related to their accounts or Bank services and resolve them in a timely and accurate or escalate to management as appropriate to meet customer needs.
- Cross-sell Bank products and services to incoming customer service callers to meet their needs and expand their overall relationship with M&T Bank.
- Identify opportunities to suggest alternative Bank products or services to customers that better suit their needs to contribute to customer retention.
- Complete special assignments, projects and new hire coaching, as requested.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.