Our client, a general contractor company located in the Greater Fort Wayne area, is currently looking for an experienced Controller.
The Controller is responsible for:
Direction and supervision of all accounting and financial activities of the Company
Ensure all reports are prepared in a timely manner and are done in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Controller areas of responsibility include
• job costs
• accounts payable
• accounts receivable
• general ledgers
• financial statements
• Prepare company cash flow projections as requested.
• Review and analyze on-going financing activities and transactions to insure contractual and procedural conformance, required approvals and the detection of adverse or unfavorable activities or transactions that may affect the Company.
• Institute appropriate systems of internal control to safeguard Company assets.
• Implement and Supervise policies and procedures related to the processing of Accounts Payable invoices, including review the coding, entering and conformance-insurance, bonds, signed contracts, etc. Monitor subcontractors and vendors conformance – bond, etc.
• Implement and Supervise policies and procedures related to the processing of Accounts Receivable invoices, including reviewing Owner requisitions and cash receipts. Maintain and report outstanding receivables to project managers.
• Review weekly Payroll and ensure correct approvals and processing. Train, direct and assist accounting personnel.
• Oversee management of petty cash accounts with field staff and reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of all accounts in Job Cost Chart of Accounts. Work with management, develop and enter cost control budget for each construction project. Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with job cost-to-complete projections, monthly.
• Review job performance with Management highlighting material price and quantity cost variances, job level working capital shortfalls or other areas of concern. Maintain an understanding jobs and any potential issues or problems to assist in the preparation and interpretation of job cost reports.
• Work with external auditors regarding annual financial statement preparation. Work with corporate tax staff regarding tax returns. Conduct periodic internal audits as required.
• File prequalification statements with governmental agencies. Sales Tax monitoring
• In conjunction with President, prepare annual operating and capital budgets. Monitor quarterly.
• In conjunction with Corporate Treasurer, monitor Insurance and bonding requirements.