This position develops and implements training initiatives as they relate to the Bank’s regulatory and compliance programs. This includes researching current issues and assessing training needs, recommending training solutions, and developing and delivering training materials. The incumbent is a subject matter expert to the organization on compliance related topics and interacts with all business lines as it pertains to compliance training; however, the main focus and interaction will be with the Retail group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and oversee the Bank’s Compliance Training Program for all bank staff, Management and the Board of Directors. Performs training needs assessments and solicits feedback from other departments on current issues impacting the Bank’s compliance and regulatory programs in order to recommend and develop training solutions.
• Designs, develops and facilitates compliance-related training courses and materials including reference guides, forms and logs.
• Administers the classroom learning management records systems; maintains bank-wide compliance training schedules, evaluates effectiveness of current tools and programs and updates or modifies as necessary. Administrates the e-learning system, including user enrollment, access, and updates processes, including addressing user’s access and training content inquiries. Monitors performance bank wide for e-learning modules and compliance classroom training for each employee. Creates comprehensive tracking and benchmarking reports, including periodic reporting to the Bank’s governance boards and business lines.
• Performs follow-up actions regarding training issues with senior management and oversees one-on-one coaching for employees struggling on specific issues, i.e. multiple attempts to pass a test.
• Develops training aids for employees to reinforce the messages from the training courses.
• Facilitates compliance training in banking centers (1-2 days per week).
• Responsible for researching, customizing and reviewing compliance e-learning modules in accordance with regulatory changes or risk needs.
• Evaluates compliance training maintained by third party service providers as part of the vendor management process.
• Oversees the compliance department training budget for the year and assesses future needs to create the budget for subsequent years.
• Responsible for administering Reg U classes and assigning appropriate training to individuals.
• Prepares and presents related reporting and documentation for compliance regulatory examinations, internal and external audits and Bank’s governance boards to demonstrate compliance.
• Attends presentations, seminars and courses, and reads publications pertaining to Banking and Compliance to maintain and expand current knowledge of the field.
• Adheres to the Bank's Compliance related policies and procedures.
• Will be required to travel to banking locations (approximately 40% of the time).
• Complies with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to research government regulations and industry white papers.
• Customer service orientated with effective problem solving abilities.
• High level of enthusiasm and creativity.
• Strong public speaking skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to adjust to changed setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or four to eight years related compliance or banking center experience and/or training in the banking or financial services industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Word and Excel spreadsheet software. Solid knowledge of PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint, and Outlook is preferred. Proficiency with office presentation applications and equipment.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may have to ascend or descend stairwells with training materials.
The employee will be required to travel to banking center locations about 40% of the time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening.