Compliance Risk Assessment Analyst
New York, NY
The Compliance Risk Assessment Analyst will assist the Deputy Compliance Risk Assessment Officer in developing and maintaining the Compliance Risk Assessment function. Duties will include assisting in the development of the risk assessment entity, risk and control frameworks, engaging with business line and compliance staff, and producing reports and metrics to support the execution of the annual risk assessment cycle. The Compliance Risk Assessment Analyst will also provide support to related processes, including business line risk assessments and compliance data streams that feed the overall compliance risk assessment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and execution of the compliance risk assessment process, particularly with regard to business line data sources.
- Assist with conducting quality control reviews over risk assessment outputs and communicate regularly with business lines and their corresponding compliance personnel to track assessment status and ensure timely and thorough completion of the risk assessments as directed by the Deputy Compliance Risk Assessment Officer
- Assist with producing reporting as needed for presentation to Senior Management, the Board of Directors, and other stakeholders.
- Assist with establishing the transaction monitoring review cycles based upon documented controls. Assist with assessing and appropriately identifying areas of weak or non-existent controls, and establishing a plan of action to develop and document controls.
- Assist with the ongoing enhancement of the risk assessment processes and integration with broader Compliance and enterprise functions as directed by the Deputy Compliance Risk Assessment Officer.
- Perform such other duties as may be required to assist the FVP, Head of Privacy and IT/Vendor Management - Legal, and/or EVP, General Counsel.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the review of business line policies and procedures to identify appropriate controls to support risk profile.
- Liaise with the Legal Department to ensure that all regulatory and legal updates have been incorporated into the business line risk assessments.
- Attend appropriate industry training to keep abreast of current regulatory expectations surrounding risk and the risk assessment process.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 3-5 years industry experience with creating risk assessments or establishing controls testing programs based upon risk assessments. CRCM or other industry designation is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of commercial banking and retail banking and laws and regulations applicable to both.
- Possess strong analytical thinking and critical reasoning skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of GRC tools is a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively handle and successfully meet established deadline requirements.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.