Commercial Relationship Manager - Houston, Texas
Responsible for planning, directing and controlling business development activities for the commercial segment (companies between $25MM to $150MM ) throughout the Houston Region. Ensure high performance in the areas of production, asset quality, profitability, and market development. Provide superior service in order to compete successfully in a highly competitive banking environment.
• Planning and goal setting. Develop and execute strategies for department. Assign individual and team goals for sales calls and production of deposits and loans to exceed overall objectives.
• Manage and motivate a team of Relationship Mangers (RMs). Maintain active and positive rapport with the sales team, in order to maximize effective sales results.
• Ensure high performance in the areas of asset quality and profitability. Make sure credit packages are complete and accurate. Ensure proper servicing of loans by assigned officers and minimize risk by following up promptly on past due and overdrafts
• Effective communications (vertical and horizontal). Communicate effectively and exhibit a strong personal commitment to succeed in the organization. Organize meetings with staff on a consistent basis.
• Increase market share (new loans and deposits). develop and maintain a prioritized list of key customers and prospects.
• Increase share of wallet among existing customers
• Capture / increase transactions deposits
• Market awareness (competition, customers, and industry/economic conditions). Maintain awareness of peer group competitors to be able to seek opportunities to solicit new and profitable Commercial banking business
• Effective community involvement. Participation in leadership roles and in selected and high visibility organizations, which are beneficial to the community and to Amerant .
• Verify that loan requests are within established internal policies prior to forwarding them to the Credit Department.
• Review and approve or deny credit loan application submitted by the RMs.
• Maintain current knowledge of Bank's Credit policy and procedures.
• Coordinate business development call program and evaluate business efforts of Commercial Banking area. Assist RMs by making join business calls whenever appropriate.
• Supervise RMs and provide guidelines that facilitate and improve their job efficiency.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
4 years college degree in business, finance, or related fields. MBA, and/or advanced banking School is desirable.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum of 15 years of general experience in bank administration, commercial/retail lending, Real Estate, Mortgage loans, etc. with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Good knowledge and experience in bank operations. Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS Powerpoint Advanced, MS Project Advanced and MS Visio Advanced required.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Possession of professional skills such as advanced proposal and report writing, advanced statistics, effective presentation skills, creative skills, budgeting, ethics management and conducting effective meetings and research assessment are required.
Must possess sales and negotiation skills.
Must possess Delegation and Grid Development and review skills as well as supervisory, decision making, motivational and coaching skills.
Must be able to effectively hire, discipline and manage assigned workforce as well as conduct performance evaluations.
Must possess managerial skills, assertiveness and leadership skills, project management experience and the ability to administer organizational resources.
Must be able to develop departmental vision and mission statements that support the corporate strategic plan and also have the ability to identify, assess and report risks arising from violations of rules, regulations or internal policies.