Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Officer - Houston, Texas
The CRE Portfolio Manager assists in the maintenance of credit quality of an assigned loan portfolio. Monitor portfolio and individual loan relationship trends, including to clear exceptions. Contribute to the quality and Credit Risk Management of the department's loan portfolio.
• Daily administration of assigned customer base (loan & depository relationships), by managing, servicing and monitoring it.
• Daily review and disposition of overdraft and uncollected funds.
• On-going review of future maturities for timely disposition.
• Conduct annual review of existing credit relationships; recommend changes in risk rating as deemed appropriate.
• Provide support on new business activities by screening preliminary data and follow up in obtaining required documentation.
• Prepare Credit Approval Memorandum (CAM) and power point presentation for Credit Committee approval.
• Prepare commitment letters for approved credit transactions
• Assist loan officer with closings and documentation
• Conduct analysis/underwriting functions, as needed.
• Identify, track and monitor loan policy exceptions, review credits with loan covenants and verify compliance.
• Coordinate delinquent loan monitoring of assigned portfolio recommend appropriate action. Report status to supervisor.
• Conduct project site visits/inspections
• Attend seminars and training sessions to keep abreast of changing regulations, as well as industry/market trends and conditions.
• Conduct analysis/underwriting functions, as needed
• Provide assistance in other areas within the department, as required, covering during vacation or absenteeism
• Support department with any special projects as needed.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, real estate courses required.
In lieu of degree an Associate's Degree with 7 years of experience in portfolio management with a US domestic bank /OCC regulated will be considered.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
5 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate lending field, credit analysis/underwriting of real estate projects.
Knowledge of Real Estate documentation and other bank products.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced and MS Powerpoint Level II required.
Should possess strong credit and communication skills and be self-motivated, detail oriented and deadline-conscious.
Experience with Salesforce and nCino is a plus.
Functional Skills and Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts.
Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time.
Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills.
Possession of professional skills such as report writing, basic statistics, effective presentation skills and creative skills are required.
*** Applicant must be NMLS registered and provide the company with NMLS number or be willing to register in NMLS prior to employment being offered. Additionally, FBI Criminal Background and credit check must be successfully passed.