Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager, Miami, Florida
The Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager is primarily responsible for assisting loan officers in the screening process of new loans as well as data gathering. Will provide support to the lending unit in all aspects of loan production and loan closing. Will also monitor portfolio and individual loan relationship trends and contribute to the quality and Credit Risk Management of the unit's loan portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for coordinating and streamlining the loan approval process and support loan closings. This includes assisting Relationship Managers collaborating with other bank units such as Credit Administration, Loan Operations, Credit Services, Processing Unit (new), and Credit Risk. This also includes maintaining accuracy of reports and quality of the portfolio.
- Responsible for administrating and monitoring the 30+ day delinquencies, risk rating process (CARs), exceptions, covenant, as well as assisting in the identifying any 'red flags' or problems within the portfolio.;
- Conduct analysis/underwriting functions, as needed. Provide support on new business activities by screening preliminary data and follow up in obtaining required documentation and conformity to credit underwriting policy of the bank. Prepare documentation, memos, and/or presentation (i.e. Term Sheet, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) as needed on behalf of the Relationship Manager;
- On-going review of future maturities for timely disposition;
- Manage third-party reports, review, and collections;
- Operate the software systems for loan originations and annual reviews
- Conduct annual review of existing credit relationships; recommend changes in risk rating as deemed appropriate. This includes calculating covenant testing requirements as needed. Identify, track and monitor loan policy exceptions, review credits with loan covenants and verify compliance;
- Coordinate delinquent loan monitoring of assigned portfolio recommend appropriate action. Report status to supervisor;
- Conduct project site visits/inspections and report findings;
- Attend seminars and training sessions to keep abreast of changing regulations, as well as industry/market trends and conditions;
- Provide assistance in other areas within the department, as required, covering during vacation or absenteeism;
- Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues. This includes overseeing the compliance package preparations conducted by the Lending Assistants; and
- Assist management with ongoing projects.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts.
- Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time.
- Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills.
- Possession of professional skills such as report writing, basic statistics, effective presentation skills and creative skills are required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting plus real estate courses required.
*** Applicant must be NMLS registered and provide the company with NMLS number or be willing to register in NMLS prior to employment being offered. Additionally, FBI Criminal Background and credit check must be successfully passed before job offer is presented.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Two (2) years of analytical or quantitative skills directly involved within the Commercial Real Estate field and/or Three (3) years of overall professional banking experience in the lending arena, credit analysis/underwriting of loans. Knowledge of Bank documentation and other Bank products is a plus.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
- Previous experience with MS Office Skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- SalesForce, nCino, B2B, and AS/400 Fiserv experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong credit and communication skills and be self-motivated, detail oriented and deadline conscious.
Physical Demand: Air-conditioned office environment with 95% of time spent performing office related tasks and 5% involving walking to other areas and departments.
Some lifting and kneeling are required, as well as carrying light objects such as employee files and training materials.