Amalgamated Bank seeks a full time Commercial Loan Servicer to book and fund Commercial and Industrial Loans and Commercial Real Estate Loans. The incumbent will ensure compliance with the Bank’s Policies and Procedures and the Loan Servicing Department’s requirements as well as manage the Syndicated Loan Portfolio and Participated loans.
This position works Monday through Friday 12 PM to 8 PM and is based in our headquarters in the Chelsea section of New York City.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process draw requests for commercial loans.
- Calculate the various tax escrows, good faith estimate, per diem interest, amortizations at pre-closing of loan.
- Perform monetary calculations and reconciliation of loans.
- Book C&I and CRE loans on the system in accordance with documents.
- Proactively conduct administrative duties on the lead loan and ability to deal directly with attorneys, agents and sponsors.
- Review and approve daily transactions.
- Confirm that that the appropriate loan documentation is received prior to booking loans on the loan system.
- Conduct user acceptance testing for new products and enhancements.
- Disburse of real estate taxes and insurance.
- Ability to solve complex analytical requests and communicate to individuals at all levels.
- Efficiently manage assigned servicing portfolio.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years of loan servicing experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access Database
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management as well as outside vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of pertinent policies and procedures
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
View our Pay Transparency Statement
Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.