Seeking an accounts payable professional for a 10 month contract position at Columbia Sportswear!
Associate or Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred
3-5 years Accounts Payable experience in general accounting, on a computerized accounting system required.
General Position Summary:
Provide general support to the Accounts Payable Department. Invoice and credit card expense entry, general ledger coding, and vendor invoice resolution. Performs tasks in support of the Accounting process, such as explaining purchasing and or corporate card policies, and procedures, preparing payment proposal reports, and vendor master maintenance for 1099 reporting. Communicates instructions written and or verbal to vendors, and company staff. Filing, scanning, copying, mailing, faxing and special projects as needed.
- Vouchers invoice and or payment request data into Full Circle and verify GL account distribution, approvals and authorizations for disbursement
- Processes invoices to timely meet payment deadlines for cash discounts
- General Ledger Code Validation
- Use Excel Spreadsheets to perform intermediate to advanced tasks
- Resolve and research invoice GL code discrepancies
- Responds to vendor or external department inquiries regarding payment status
- Prepares and or assists with payment proposal reports
- Prepares Journal Entries for month end accruals or GL corrections
- Disburses Petty cash by recording entry and verifying authorization documentation
- Audit, code, process and file credit card statements
- Vendor Master Data Maintenance for 1099 requirements
- Assist in month end close process to meet deadlines
- Maintain AP files and documentation accurately in accordance with company policy
- Distribution of employee expense and vendor checks
- Research outstanding checks for unclaimed property
- Department filing of payable records i.e. invoices, and checks, set up and maintains files as required.
- Copying and scanning confidential Information for the department
- Validates and performs sales tax calculations
- Process foreign currency invoices and manual payment application for wires and or ACH.
- Special projects as assigned.
Job has a great deal of regularity and similarity in terms of tasks performed. Performs duties with moderate supervision. Knowledge of job skills and procedures needed to perform own job. Resolves most questions and problems and refers complex issues to lead personnel. Operates from established company/department procedures and policies. Mistakes/errors may inaccurately represent payments, resulting in the dissemination of incorrect information used to make financial decisions.
Have regular contacts with others both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include other members of the Accounting Department and members of other departments. External contacts are primarily with vendors. Contacts usually involve information exchange and interpretation or receiving instructions. Contacts are often made on own initiative or in response to specific requests or questions and frequently contain confidential and sensitive information. Approximately 10% of the contacts occur over the phone or face to face with the rest occurring through written email.
Specific Job Skills:
Possess working knowledge of general office and accounting procedures. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to perform basic math and use computerized accounting systems proficiently. Proficiency and accuracy in data entry and 10 key operations. Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail. Good interpersonal and communication skills
Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week and occasional weekends during peak times. Physical ability to use computer hardware/software and 10 key, to perform repetitive hand/wrist motions, to sit for extended periods, and to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Exposure to computer CRT.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.