This individual will motivate front-line collectors to ensure they meet operational goals. Provide exceptional leadership and good direction. Will be responsible for a variety of collection functions per department policies, processes and procedures, to ensure payments are received timely. Will take lead in training and assisting new staff in resolving issues. In the absence of the Collections Supervisor, assumes all management duties and responsibilities
Key Performance Indicators (Specifics as identified in Key Responsibilities)
• Prioritizes and meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines per team calendar
• Ability to train new staff on processes and procedures while managing workload
• Effectively and independently manage deadlines and multiple conflicting priorities, understanding individual impacts to team/company.
• Maintains understanding of reporting requirements
• Demonstrates strong ability to handle supervisor’s roles and responsibilities
• Communicates effectively with internal and external business partners
• Demonstrates solid understanding of department procedures and knows when and how to escalate issues.
• Partners with and maintains respectful relationships with internal and external business partners to quickly resolve outstanding balances
• Motivates and guides team members with a consistently respectful, trustworthy, and open-minded attitude
• Receives constructive feedback openly and takes action.
• Seeks to improve processes and presents ideas accordingly
• Manage collection activities on delinquent customer accounts and ensure monthly goals and deadlines are met.
• Train new collections staff and assist team in resolving issues.
• Assume supervisor’s duties and responsibilities during absence
• Provide excellent customer service to internal/external partners to ensure timely resolution of collection issues and customer disputes.
• Compose correspondence dealing with payment schedules, deferments, questions regarding the nature of indebtedness, etc.
• Negotiate alternative repayment schedules, as required.
• Develop and prepare periodic reports for management on outstanding receivables status and collection activity.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
• Maintain new and existing customer records in the PeopleSoft.
• Analyze customer's corporate structure to determine appropriate customer set up within the financial system.
• Project management related to AR Services Department. Projects may include developing procedures, recommending and implementing business process improvements and participation in financial system upgrade and improvement projects
• Ensure compliance with annual external audit, internal audit recommendations, and departmental accounting policies and procedures.
• Monitor payment performance and financial liquidity of existing customers in delinquent status.
Career Progression Guidelines – From Sr. Collections Analyst
to Collections Supervisor
• Exceeds expectations and standards of current role
• Consistent learning and assumption of new responsibilities
• Viewed as a problem solver and reliable source of assistance and information for colleagues.
• Strong team lead with ability to handle issues in Supervisor’s absence
• Consistently meets overall requirements and key responsibilities; overall, delivers sensational performance that far exceeds boundaries of current role