The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is looking for a Java solution architect with service based and AWS cloud-native architecture experience to fill a dedicated role for a product team. Chosen candidate will be responsible for partnering with internal customer organization to help realize their business strategy through the design of complex information systems. Must have the ability to analyze the current business processes and design applicable solutions while understanding our current technology environment. Architect will be responsible for analyzing, documenting and speaking to requirements in an Agile environment. Must have the ability to code, develop and create a solution prototype as needed in conjunction with development team. Participates in technology selection, when applicable, with Enterprise Architecture and Lead Development team members. Architect must have strong experience in working with the project management team to ensure vision is met through the project lifecycle.
- Architects and designs technical architectures of varying complexity, technologies, and size. Leverages industry and organizational standards, patterns and best practices to develop architectures that fulfill business strategies.
- As the owner of the architecture, orchestrates the implementation of proposed solutions on small and medium sized projects, leveraging the appropriate IT service providers in the fulfillment of the architecture.
- Partners with business stakeholders to confirm understanding of business drivers and strategy, and proposes the appropriate technical options to meet these needs.
- Effectively leverages appropriate design tradeoffs and cost/benefit analysis during this process.
- Establishes and fosters strong relationships with a broad audience of customers, service providers, vendor partners, technical peers and management.
- Is respected as an authoritative source on a narrowly defined technical domain, but remains generally knowledgeable regarding broad industry segments.
- Provides mentorship to local development staff.
- Participates in the establishment of local standards, patterns, and practices for technology design and delivery, while also providing input and influence to broader organizational standards and initiatives nationally.
- Remains current on emerging technologies and conducts independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.