The Closer II - Relocation is responsible for the moderately supervised closing and funding of residential loans according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews processing, underwriting and title documents for proper completion. Reports deficiencies to appropriate party.
- Performs mathematical calculations relating to principal, interest, and other amounts in checking and verifying document computations.
- Compiles information from loan file; prepares and issues closing instructions to title company or attorney's following established procedures. Secures the preparation of closing documents through various methods.
- Arranges for the funding of loan proceeds by completing and forwarding paperwork; secures the delivery of funds to settlement agent. Approves the disbursement of monies upon review of required items.
- Responsible for accounting of loan proceeds and the accurate reporting of funds disbursement to the Accounting department and management.
- Tracks and solicits the return of signed closing packages.
- Reviews signed packages; arranges file in specified order and delivers closed loan to the Shipping department within the allotted time frame.
- Responsible for curing deficiency reports made by Shipping, Insuring, Post-Closing, Document Follow-up, Custodian, and Quality Control.
- Retrieve final documents (original recorded Security Instrument, Title Policy & endorsements and assignments). Solicit all parties necessary to retrieve these documents.
- Corresponds with title companies, government agencies, branches and other departments in writing or by telephone to answer questions and solve problems relating to loans closing.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of previous closing experience
- Knowledge of fundamentals of mortgage lending process
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines and most current guidelines and requirements of government and private market mortgage investors as they relate to closing
- 10 key by touch and typing skills 40 wpm
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong basic math and accounting skills
- Strong proof reading / auditing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced high volume work environment
This position offers a full range of benefits including Health, Dental, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS ID 401285