Our client, one of the top 10 Mortgage lending clients in the US, is seeking several Mortgage Closers for multiple open roles! The Closer will prepare and submit loan closing packages and supporting documents for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and preferably Bond and Jumbo loans.
Location: Remote (must reside in VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, or CO)
Compensation: $58 – $62K + (potential to make surge bonus up to - $700 per month in incentives)
- 6 Full Weeks of paid time off per year!
- Excellent Health, Vision, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance, with multiple Healthcare plans to choose from.
- Pet Insurance and Gym Membership Discounts!
- Verify and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state laws, regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules, and/or local ordinances.
- Review Processor input and confirm payees and zero tolerance fees with Settlement Agent.
- Make appropriate adjustments and approve in system; notify Processor.
- Forward Closing Disclosure to Settlement agent for review and approval.
- Review preliminary title reports to identify excluded items and necessary endorsements.
- Communicate loan program requirements to Processors and/or Loan Officers necessary at closing, and provide status updates.
- Obtain all outstanding conditions to ensure timely closing and closing of the loan.
- Draw closing documents, issue closing funds and review closed loan packages to ensure completeness of loan documentation.
- Review and verify the accuracy of the final closing statements prior to closing to ensure compliance with Company, Investor, and Conventional regulations and requirements. Reconcile final figures to calculate wire amount and balance with settlement agent.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred.
- Total recent work experience includes five or more years’ experience closing and closing Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and preferably Bond, Jumbo, and new construction loans, with at least three years’ experience closing FHA, VA, USDA, new construction documentation. Prior work experience may also include positions closing loans for an Escrow Company.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Loan Officers, production, processing, underwriting, and other internal and external partners.
- Expert level knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and control, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, Jumbo, new construction loans.
- Expert level knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, Jumbo, new construction loans, including various product/program guidelines, necessary conditions and investor specific guidelines for closing.
- Thorough knowledge of valid documentation and processes required to fund and close consumer mortgages (e.g., verification of employment, CD, settlement statement etc.).
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Solve problems promptly, communicate effectively with internal and external customers and work well under pressure.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate math skills.
Category Code: JN005