- Strong employee tenure, on average 20 years
- Family oriented, our client understands the importance of flexibility
- Very collaborative team
- Directors are very approachable
- 'Overall great people work here'
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Consults with the City Manager regarding financial policies.
• Invests funds pursuant to local, state, and federal laws.
• Supervises the planning, organizing and maintenance of central accounting systems, including general ledger, posting of revenues and expenditures, accounting controls, annual operating and capital budgets, investments, and bonded debt program.
• Monitors cash flow and directs receipts, deposits, and investments of all City monies, together with records thereof.
• Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance, and rewards or disciplines employees.
• Directs preparation of the periodic financial statements, including statements of position, operations, budget-to-actual reports, and other reports.
• Oversees the maintenance of capital asset inventory and depreciation schedules.
• Assists the City Manager and all Department Heads in preparation of the annual operating and long-range capital budgets.
• Directs preparation of revenues, expenditures, debt, costs and other statements, and monitors expenditures and budget condition.
• Oversees the administration of accounts payable, including payroll and accounts receivable.
Directs and supervises the overall operation of the Finance, Inventory Control and Utility Billing Departments. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and rewarding/disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting and/or related field
• Master's Degree in Accounting or Business related field preferred.