Global Construction Engineering Company is seeking a Chief Financial Officer.
One of the largest and most influential companies in the construction industry --worldwide-- that actively operates in 68 countries.
Specializing in: studying, designing and executing every kind of civil infrastructure or construction, paying particular attention to those projects that are unique in their technical complexity, construction process, scale or degree of specialization.
Focus areas include: transportation infrastructure, hydraulic and underground infrastructure works.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Company's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action. .
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Participate in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and business development.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Company may enter.
- Evaluation of the finance department structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Up to ten (10) years related experience; with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in the construction industry.
- Minimum education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA required.
- Ability to multi-task, work in high pressure environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- MBA strongly desired.
- Computer Guidance eCMS experience preferred.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts.
- Decisive individual who possesses a 'big picture' perspective and is well versed in systems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Well-developed written presentation, organization, and editing skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and professional courtesy.