RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Check Fraud Analyst in Louisville, KY.
The candidate will be responsible for investigating suspected check fraud events in order to minimize loss, reduce potential exposure, and enhance customer relationships. This will be accomplished through research of account/relationship conducted through client systems. The investigator may interview victims, witnesses, and/or suspects to establish details of the incident which will be documented in the Fraud Case Management System. The information gathered will be analyzed by the investigator in order to recommend actions related to the account relationship, create and submit appropriate internal/external reporting, inform supervisors, managers, and defined service partners of the actions taken, and to serve as the liaison for cases referred to law enforcement. This will all be accomplished in accordance with established bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in reviewing and investigating customer cases, reports, and work for potential and actual loss; minimizes fraud, AML and/or organizational risk
- Responsible for early detection of suspicious activity, control, and prevention of losses
- Under supervision, researches and analyzes bank activities and reports to detect and prevent possible fraudulent and illegal activities
- Escalates issues as appropriate
- Uses defined research procedures to identify and resolve issues
- Follows standards and practices to mitigate fraud, AML, and other risk exposure and loss
- Prepares and maintains appropriate documentation of analysis performed and coordinates with internal or external stakeholders as appropriate
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the client's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework