The Central Operations Support Specialist provides ongoing support and guidance to Apple Bank’s branch network and clients to ensure effective operations. The Support Specialist is responsible for the troubleshooting of issues and provides backup support to team members when needed. Additionally, this position works with the Branch Banking Support Services Officer to review key transactions in order to ensure branch compliance with key operating policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a resource and provide support to our retail branch banking network on a variety of day-to-day operational issues such as balancing, transaction processing, account opening and/or any variety of compliance/regulatory issues.
- Ensure all transactions are handled correctly and efficiently.
- Resolve issues immediately and through proper channels.
- Collaborate with team to obtain root problem causes regarding operational issues.
- Maintain and promote a “client first” attitude while handling incoming client inquiries.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on multiple incoming issues and concerns related to branch operations
- Participate and contribute to the various strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk.
- Provide commensurate support to other department functions when necessary, including but not limited to: branch assessment program validation efforts, lease security processing, new account quality control onboarding, pension processing and estate settlements.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a banking or financial services setting; related experience in a back office operations environment a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to make educated, customer-focused decisions.
- Self-starter with high motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have familiarity with the Bank’s database system and related programs, systems and technology, including Cypress and Odin.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Must demonstrate sound judgement, adhere to professional standards and exercise strict confidentiality in matters requiring discretion.