The Cash Applications Associate will research, validate and process requested adjustments to payments applied abiding by the policies and procedures set by management.
- Use the Imaging system to view and research all incoming receipts by receipt number, patient name and various other search criteria.
- Contact carriers, adjustors and/or collectors via email, phone or fax to obtain all required information in order to apply all receipts in full.
- Review, research, validate, and post in Oracle a minimum number of error free receipts per day abiding by the policies and procedures as set by Cash Application management in accordance with approved Oracle posting options.
- Apply receipt to invoice line level.
- Apply receipt as a receipt write off when payment is for Optimal Care or miscellaneous items such as penalty and interest or legal fees.
- Convert receipt to a refund if required by carrier, collector or management.
- Convert receipt to a claim for further investigation and assignment to the appropriate AR manager by Cash Application Specialist.
- Research, consolidate and correct any misapplied funds located during the research process for applying new receipt in full abiding by the policies and procedures set by Cash Application management.
- Research, process, and document any refunds that are discovered during day to day activities abiding by the policies and procedures as set by Cash Application management.
- Review, reach, and gather all information required for completing posting of EDI/ACH carrier payments files in Oracle insuring that all documentation has been achieved appropriately according to the policies and procedures outlined by Cash Application management.
- Review, research, and assign a minimum number of error free trade management claims per day to the appropriate AR manager abiding by the policies and procedures as set forth by Cash Application management.
- Research, validate, and process a minimum number of error free misapplied fund request and/or refund request per day to ensure a 48 hour turnaround time and maintain error free accuracy while maintaining records and reporting to support all processed request as set by Cash Application management.
- Assist Cash Application Processor, AR Collectors and managers with research assistance, problem resolution and provide data on various research requests related to new receipts, misapplied funds and refund requests.
- Perform special projects as assigned by management.
- Develop and update policies and reports as assigned by management.
- Provide continued on the job training and monitoring to ensure that Cash Application and Accounts Receivable policies and procedures are followed.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Access.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Windows Based Applications.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Multi-tasking ability while meeting strict deadlines in fast paced environment.
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of the accounts receivable. Works under close to moderate supervision with to ensure accuracy. Consults with senior peers on processes or errors to learn through experience. Typically requires up to one (1) year of working in Cash Applications or equivalent experience. Must process a minimum of 10 error free misapplied fund request and/or refund request per day.