Moody National Bank provides excellent employment opportunities for individuals seeking to team up with a solid leader of financial services for the communities we serve. If you have an interest in joining a stable, competitively advantaged banking team you should consider Moody National Bank.
COMPLIANCE OFFICER for our full service banking centers – LOCATED IN THE, DOWNTOWN GALVESTON BANKING CENTER, JOB (#13-19)
All correspondence must refer to a specific job number
Undergraduate degree in a business-related field preferred and/or related background. A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Compliance Officer, Bank Examiner or Auditor Manager with an emphasis on regulatory compliance required. Accreditation as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) also required. Working knowledge of various banking functions, and regulatory compliance laws and regulations. Understanding of management principles, banking operations, data processing systems and internal controls. Understanding of human relationships and the ability to communicate effectively, and earn/maintain respect with others. Strong written and verbal skills along with the ability to deliver feedback/criticism in a constructive manner. Ability to recognize control weaknesses and formulate cost effective recommendations for improvement. A self-starter, with demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spend time with management helping them implement and document procedures to ensure that compliance efforts are coordinated throughout the entire bank.
- Manage compliance exams, compliance audits, high-level compliance reviews, along with regulatory related compliance reporting. Where necessary, perform compliance reviews and communicate any exam, audit or review findings to management with recommended responses to correct findings or implement recommended enhancements.
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer by supervising day-to-day compliance assurance activities, and help direct the overall compliance workflow.
- Coordinate compliance training as required or deemed necessary.
- Disseminate all regulatory changes to senior management and supporting department managers.