Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Learn. Grow. Lead.
Corporate Relations has three overarching goals:
- Accelerate Allstate’s competitive advantage through reputation
- Increase confidence in Allstate’s business strategy
- Create a more purpose-driven culture.
To do this, we:
- Tell Allstate’s iconic story and bring the voice of Allstate to life through internal and external strategic communications.
- Know the business and help leaders strengthen Allstate’s reputation, strategy and culture.
- Connect our stakeholders to Allstate, build and protect our brand, and help people live a good life every day.
- Provide world-class insights and counsel to advance issues and initiatives important to Allstate through robust executive positioning, communications, media relations, reputation management, issues and crisis management, thought leadership and advocacy, strategic counsel, culture promotion, corporate social responsibility, financial communications, and program and project management.
Within Corporate Relations, the CEO Engagement team helps support the needs of the Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Allstate. By facilitating events, communications and stakeholder relationships, we help build Allstate’s reputation, culture and deliver on our strategy. The CEO Stakeholder Engagement Lead Consultant is a key part of this work – a writer, storyteller, researcher and thinker.
Become an integral part of the CEO Stakeholder Engagement team by:
- Using your exceptional writing skills to help draft and edit communications and correspondence to and for high-level audiences.
- Using your knowledge of resources and research to develop useful, thought-provoking background materials for executive use.
- Building relationships throughout the department and the company to help develop and tell stories, find information and use your influence for Good!
- Building, starting and maintaining processes that help keep the team on track and thriving.
- Managing relationships with partners and vendors to ensure we are partnering with the best in the business – and building strong, lasting associations.
- Understanding Allstate’s reputation, and how the CEO Engagement team helps build our reputation and our business.
- Helping to plan and execute best in class communications plans and events to support our work.
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate communications or related field.
- Exceptional writing skills, project management and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience planning and executing communication programs and events.
- Ability to research a wide range of topics and ability to share that knowledge in writing through article summaries, thought starters and key messages.
- Be comfortable with change and ambiguity while maintaining your ability to get things done.
- Commitment to succeeding as a team and ability to jump in whenever and wherever help is needed.
- Bachelor degree required in related discipline.
- Knowledge of the insurance and financial services industry is a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.