There are two sides this person will be impacting:
1) Enterprise Data Hub
Engage our business stakeholders
The whole definition of the project lifecycle for cloud based solutions
Azure based data warehouse- we have the infra set up but at some point in the near future, we need to engage the business to gather requirements and stories
* Data mapping
* Data transformations
To get this data in the DW
Migrating and transforming data from on premise into Azure data hub
Translating reqs into data transformation rules
Working with engineering to get that squared away
Data concepts, warehouse concepts, ETL or ELT
2) Building out data analytics
* Setting up dashboards in Power BI
* Using Tableau internally
* Using dashboards using those tools
* Managing KPIs for performance and financial reporting
We are currently seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly-skilled Senior IT Business Systems Analyst, based in Concord, CA, to join our Data Strategy team. In this role, you will participate in the full project lifecycle from definition through post-deployment for cloud-based solutions. You will elicit and detail business and functional requirements, assess project progress and monitor the effectiveness of deployed initiatives. Key to this role is expertise in data mapping, process engineering and process modeling.
* Work on projects related to migrating and transforming data from on premise databases to a Microsoft Azure Enterprise Data Hub. Role will be focused on data mapping and translating business requirements into data transformation rules.
* Develop custom reports and data visualization using large datasets to transform data into actionable insights.
* Acts as the liaison between IT and business stakeholders during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for new solutions/projects.
* Collaborates with business stakeholders to facilitate and document business requirements, use cases and functional specifications. Provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions.
* Interacts with and directs technical partners to develop solution alternatives.
* Analyze and solve complex business problems and determine suitable IT solutions.
* Generate use cases and participate in unit, regression and user acceptance testing.
* Communicate complex information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., computer science, information systems, engineering, statistics, math or related discipline).
* 5+ years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on small to medium sized projects.
* Good understanding of ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment and transformation.
* Significant experience with data modeling, data mapping and ability to mine and analyze large amounts of data.
* Proficient in SQL and writing database queries.
* Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
* Proficient in creating dashboards in Power BI, Tableau or other analytics reporting tools.
* Proven experience creating business requirements documents and functional specifications and other BSA artifacts.
* Experience with statistical programming, machine learning and/or data science related projects.
* Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed. * Exceptional organizational, presentation and communication skills.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
* Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud base data warehouse implementation.
* Experience working in an agile environment and writing user stories in JIRA.
* Exceptional written / oral communication and interpersonal skills. * Proven experience as a collaborative team player.
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Experience in the wealth management or financial services industry a plus.