Business Systems Analyst III Temporary, Miami, Florida
The Business Systems Analyst III works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for implementations or changes to system processes. They also design and document the respective solutions and ensures desired results by facilitating testing efforts. This is a one year contractor position.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Identifying the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, to determine solutions to business problems that enable the organization to achieve its goals
- Acting as a liaison between the client and stakeholders with the solution team.
- Responsible for the management (eliciting, analyzing, communicating, validating and updating) of all technical and business requirements.
- Responsible for independently facilitating joint application design and brainstorming sessions with the respective team members and Subject Matter experts
- Responsible for designing appropriate system process flow(s) and report layouts to support business solutions based on requirements gathered with minimal support.
- Designs and documents functional specifications for technological solutions that are aligned with the bank's technological infrastructure and/or recommend changes that may be required to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that the product is built according to the requirements and specifications, regardless if the solution is built in-house or by a vendor.
- Designs, documents, communicates and executes the test plans agreed upon to certify adequate functionality of technological solutions in order to guarantee the quality of the product.
- Leads and manages the Quality Assurance activities by facilitating all testing aspects such as coordinating the logistics and availability of the test environment, assisting business stakeholders with User Acceptance Testing, defect reporting and ensuring proper resolution of new or enhanced applications.
- Performs Project Charter estimations for requests channeled by the PMO in order to identify potential solutions for new projects.
- Responsible for managing small to medium service requests including ESRs, which includes the scope, requirements, management of resources, testing and coordination of these requests into production.
- Responsible for overseeing and collaborating in the quality completion of the Virtual Technical Documents related to respective implementations or system changes.
- Responsible for providing reference material for users and supporting areas by creating user documentation and providing training, when applicable.
- Recommends system improvements and controls by understanding current practices and problems in order to suggest changes.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on products implemented and is able to influence other team members based on proven credibility and system knowledge.
- To identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to their respective Risk Management Committee member in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts with minimal supervision. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, basic statistics, effective presentation skills and creative skills are required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration. All are preferred but not required.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum three years experience in a Business Systems Analyst or similar position required.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Knowledge of the operations, systems and platforms that support the bank's products, services and channels, including the dynamics and regulatory requirements thereof. Also needed is an intermediate understanding the Bank's preferred business analysis tools and techniques as well as industry best practices, along with basic project management concepts and quality tools.
Bilingual English/Spanish desired. Must have clear understanding of the interconnectivity of the bank's systems and have intermediate knowledge and understanding of the technology standards of the bank and how the products implemented interface with one another while assessing the possible risks or impacts of these changes. Usage of tools developed in a Windows environment to maintain or establish excellent interpersonal skills. Strong Interpersonal and client management skills. Previous experience with Outlook, Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS PowerPoint Level II, and Visio required.